Trusted Partner: Microsoft Community Affairs and TechSoup use InterConnection for their computer refurbishing and distribution needs.
Experience:Since 1999 InterConnection has shipped tens of thousands of computers to organizations in 40 countries and impacted over 250,000 people.
Software: As a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher, all computers include licensed Windows 10 and Office 2010 Home & Business* in English, Spanish, or French.
- The hard drive data is erased using DoD-compliant methods.
- The computer is examined for any major cosmetic or
- Any dust is vacuumed out, and high pressure air is sprayed
through the power supply, processor, fans and throughout the case.
- All stickers are removed and the case is cleaned
- The motherboard is inspected for any faulty capacitors.
- Any missing parts are replaced, such as: hard drive, RAM sticks, and cards.
- The system BIOS is reset to default and the computer's boot order is set to start with CD-ROM
- Components such as the optical drive, fan, battery, and power supply are checked for integrity.
- Desktop slot covers are replaced, if needed, and the computer is checked for loose connections.
- If requested: the computer is refurbished to specific client specifications.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software is used to test
components (CPU, RAM, optical drive and hard drive).
- Computer’s hardware specifications are captured by InterConnection’s inventory database.
- Cosmetic Grade A:
Grade A products will have overall excellent to very good cosmetic condition. Some Grade A units will be cosmetically pristine while others may have light scratches or other minor blemishes. Some laptops may exhibit some shiny areas around the keyboard (space bar, touchpad and/or touchpad buttons), but the keyboard keys will be in excellent condition. Cosmetic blemishes will have no impact to the system’s overall functionality or performance.
- Cosmetic Grade B:
These units will have some cosmetic blemishes that include scratches and/or other surface imperfections. Some laptops may exhibit shiny keys on the keyboard and/or shiny surfaces around the keyboard. All key characters will be legible. Grade B products are functionally equivalent to Grade A, and will include the same warranty and customer support as Grade A products. Pricing on Grade B products will typically be lower than Grade A products.
SOFTWARE INSTALL AND LICENSING
- Windows operating system and Microsoft Office*
- All updates applied.
- Installation verified (verification that all drivers
- Post-install software activation
- The computer is either taken to our Retail Store, boxed for domestic shipping, or palletized
for an international shipment.
- A sticker with the computer’s specifications is attached. If listed on one of our online stores, the spec list is displayed there.