Trusted Partner: Microsoft Community Affairs and TechSoup Global use InterConnection for their computer refurbishing and distribution needs.
Experience:Since 1999 InterConnection has shipped tens of thousands of computers to organization in 40 countries and reached over 250,000 people.
Software: As a Microsoft Registered Refurbished all computers include licensed Windows 7 Pro and Office 2007 Basic in English, Spanish, or French.
- The computer hard drive is erased using high-level data
- The computer is examined for any major cosmetic or
- Dust is vacuumed out, and high pressure air is sprayed
in power supply, processor, fans and throughout the case.
- All stickers are removed and case is cleaned
- Motherboard inspected for leaking or domed capacitors.
- Missing parts replaced such as hard drive, memory and cards.
- BIOS set to default, Boot order set to CD Rom first
- CD ROM, fan, battery, and power supply checked.
- Slot covers replaced if needed and desktops is shakes
to check for rattles.
- Computer refurbished to specific client specifications
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software used to test
components CPU, RAM, optical drive and hard drive.
- All tests are verified by hardware test log which is
printed and attached to all PCs and laptops.
- Computer’s hardware specifications are captured by the
InterConnection’s inventory database.
- Cosmetic Grade A:
Grade A products will have overall excellent to very good cosmetic condition. Some Grade A units will be cosmetically pristine while others may have light scratches or other minor blemishes. Some Laptops may exhibit some shiny areas around the keyboard (space bar, touchpad and/or touchpad buttons), but the keyboard keys will be in excellent condition. Cosmetic blemishes will have no impact to the system’s overall functionality or performance.
- Cosmetic Grade B:
These units will have some cosmetic blemishes that include scratches and/or other surface imperfections. Some Laptops may exhibit shiny keys on the keyboard and/or shiny surfaces around the keyboard. All key characters will be legible. Grade B products are functionally equivalent to Grade A, and will include the same warranty and customer support as Grade A products. Pricing on grade B products will typically be lower than grade A products.
SOFTWARE INSTALL AND LICENSING
- Windows operating system and Microsoft Office
- All updates applied.
- Installation verified (verification that all drivers
present and boot without error)
- Post install software activation
- Key code entered and software is activated
- An image of the software on the hard drive is captured and
stored in a hidden backup partition.
- Backup partition is tested.
- Computer is either boxed for domestic shipping or palletized
for international container shipment.
- A digital list of the computer’s specifications is
sent to the client.